new account tree

Vasil Vasilev vasil-gnucash at sychron.com
Thu Jun 10 17:31:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> At this point it's the only way.  You can have multiple trees in
> multiple currencies, or you could have one tree with multiple leaves
> for different currencies..  It's up to you.  There really isn't a
> "right way".

Different subaccounts with different currencies work very well for me.

I will make note here there is a problem in v 1.8.8 where if there are
subaccounts of subaccounts of subaccounts and currencies change at each level
with level 1 and 3 accounts having the same currencies, the account tree view
messes up he totals. It is not a big deal for me but I thought I will mention
in case someone is looking in the code around there.

The use case is that main expense account is in USD, then I have an event
expense subaccount which is in GBP as most expenses will be in GBP, which also
has a subaccount in USD for the incidental expenses for the event.

Cheers.
--
Vasil