new account tree

Vasil Vasilev vasil-gnucash at sychron.com
Thu Jun 10 18:53:24 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Vasil Vasilev <vasil-gnucash at sychron.com> writes:
>
>> I will make note here there is a problem in v 1.8.8 where if there are
>> subaccounts of subaccounts of subaccounts and currencies change at
>> each level with level 1 and 3 accounts having the same currencies, the
>> account tree view messes up he totals. It is not a big deal for me but
>> I thought I will mention in case someone is looking in the code around
>> there.
>
> Can you file a bug report and attach a sample data file that shows
> the problem?

I managed to produce a different problem with the error in the Total(Report)
while Total is correct. This happened as I reversed USD and GBP. USD seems
very special to me here in that if the account tree report prints USD it only
adds up USD and ignores the other currencies. It is possible it is to do with
the exchange rate applied for each Total. Some may be taken to be 0 but I
don't understand from where this is taken.

I will do more investigation in a few days and then file a bug report. I will
also move this to the -devel list.

--
Vasil