Summary Start Page?

David Brock dmbrock at nm.cbc.ca
Fri Jun 11 16:33:42 EDT 2004

I've been a user of Gnucash (1.8.8) for several months now, and am quite
enjoying having made the trip away from Quicken, where I've been for
many years.  I'm now officially Windoze Free!  Yea!

I searched the archives and found no discussion about it, but I envision
a useful screen or page in GnuCash with "summary" information about my
accounts.  A "Start page" that's configurable to have information
(balance) and links to register views of my common accounts- COH,
Checking, Savings, etc.  Eventually, I might use this for business, and
could see A/R and A/P balances being useful in that same place.  Maybe a
"NetWorth" figure?  (I know, this is eerily like an option in Quicken,
but I vehemently deny any knowledge of it ;-)

Does this exist, and have I just earned a RTFM?  If not, has this option
been discussed before?

I know that Mr Atkins is going to tell me that it will be added as soon
as I submit the patch ;-)  I'm just not there (yet).

;-David