Quicken wallet checks user hack

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 17 11:28:36 EDT 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 10:09 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Adding a new check format requires modification in three places:
>
> the glade file, the c file, and the scheme file.
>
> The glade and c files are necessary to add a new check format menu
> item,
> and the scheme file is necessary to deal with the printing.
>
> If your work is not generic (or if it breaks the other formats), then
> no, I don't want it back. ;)

Considering that I've done about half the work necessary to make the
scheme file changes generic, that I wasn't comfortable making changes
to the c file, and that I didn't even find the appropriate glade file
-- it will be a while before I can submit a patch.

> If you worked with a CVS tree, you could create a patch by just
> running:
>
>       cvs diff -u > /tmp/mydiff
>
> If you worked from a tarball then you'll need to extract a second
> tree and run:
>
>      diff -r -u /path/to/origtree /path/to/changedtree > /tmp/mydiff

Thanks for the guidance on diff. Eventually I hope to understand this
stuff well enough submit a real patch. Gnucash 2 might be out before
then, though.

> You should be able to set font info in one place, but I have no clue
> how that part of gnome-print works.  :(

I hope so. But I have nightmares about the externally declared default
font getting in the way in between ps calls.

Dave

David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net