Quicken wallet checks user hack

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 17 11:51:47 EDT 2004

David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> writes:

> Considering that I've done about half the work necessary to make the
> scheme file changes generic, that I wasn't comfortable making changes
> to the c file, and that I didn't even find the appropriate glade file
> -- it will be a while before I can submit a patch.

*insert standard disclaimer about how the check printing needs to be
re-written*

The glade file, print.glade, just needs an extra label in the menu.
The c file just needs (again) an extra label in the string-array, to
map from the menu label to the scheme label.

And then, of course, you need your generic scheme.

> Thanks for the guidance on diff. Eventually I hope to understand this
> stuff well enough submit a real patch. Gnucash 2 might be out before
> then, though.

I see..  :(

>> You should be able to set font info in one place, but I have no clue
>> how that part of gnome-print works.  :(
>>
> I hope so. But I have nightmares about the externally declared default
> font getting in the way in between ps calls.

The PS is generated each time through.  So long as you only make the
font-code run for your particular check-format it wont interfere with
anyone else.  You can test this by printing to a file and running
ghostscript (gs) on the output file to see.  Works much better than
wasting paper (or checks).