developer report

Hagen Riedel hagen_riedel-lugl at box.de
Mon Jun 21 06:55:05 EDT 2004

I am using SuSE 9.1 Professional and tried to compile gnucash-1.8.9 as I wanted to do homebanking with
Reiner SCT Chipcard reader. There was no information about starting HBCI due to my distribution. The
openhbci_plugin_ddvcard was not shipped by the distributor that was necessary to activate the chipcard
medium option - as I got to know later on. This is a short report of the proceeding.

For README: You might add some hook that there is a README.HBCI and some other docs in "doc/" (in the source
directory). There is no reference to HBCI even in the gnucash-docs. There even was no README.HBCI in the
SuSE 9.1 package.

Before compiling gnucash I had to set up various links so configure could find the libs:
in /usr/lib/
libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.0
libdb.so -> libdb-4.2.so
libdb1.a -> libdb.a
libdb_cxx.so -> libdb_cxx-4.2.so
libesd.so -> libesd.so.0.2.33
libesddsp.so -> libesddsp.so.0.2.33
libfontconfig.so -> libfontconfig.so.1.0.4
libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6.3.5
libgwenhywfar.so -> libgwenhywfar.so.13.0.0
libgwenhywfar.so.13 -> libgwenhywfar.so.13.0.0
libpopt.so -> libpopt.so.1.0.0
libssl.so -> libssl.so.0
libxml.so -> libxml.so.1.8.17
as well as in /opt/gnome/lib
libbonobo-print.so -> libbonobo-print.so.2.0.1
libbonobo.so -> libbonobo.so.2.0.1
libbonobox.so -> libbonobox.so.2.0.1
and  in /usr/bin
glib-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/glib-config
g-wrap-config -> /usr/local/bin/g-wrap-config
gnome-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
gtk-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/gtk-config
Actually I don't know if it were some more or less - it took two hours until configure proceeded up to the
end.

As libguppi was part of the SuSE gnucash package I had to retrieve it, compile it (and
link /usr/local/lib/guppi to /usr/lib - so I did at least).

I can assure that gnucash does not run without the patch. However, for some moment I had doubt that the
patch was successful. Here is the output (verbose) from patch:
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- Guppi-0.40.3/libguppitank/guppi-object-barchart.c  2003-05-30
|21:21:16.000000000 +0200
|+++ Guppi-0.40.4/libguppitank/guppi-object-barchart.c  2003-05-30
|+++ 21:21:26.000000000 +0200
--------------------------
Patching file Guppi-0.40.3/libguppitank/guppi-object-barchart.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 410.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 447.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 500.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 508.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 530.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 566.
Hunk #8 succeeded at 575.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 628.
Hunk #10 succeeded at 678.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 875.
2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Guppi-0.40.3/libguppitank/guppi-object-barchart.c.rej
done
When I examined this message I could recognize that hunk #1 and hunk #11 had been comments.

Notice that there is something mixed up in the configure script. The command "mkdir po" seems to come a
litted bit too late. So for the first time you execute it you will get something like this:
creating config.h
mv: cannot stat `po/POTFILES': No such file or directory
./config.status: line 1093: po/POTFILES.tmp: No such file or directory
creating po/POTFILES
creating po/Makefile

For the second time this is OK.
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
creating po/POTFILES
creating po/Makefile

Though libgtkhtml-2.4.1-140 (as well as gtkhtml-devel-1.1.10-195 and gtkhtml-1.1.10-195) is installed there
appears the following error report. I did not bother about this as this package was not mandatory
neccessary.
checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... Unknown library `gtkhtml'
Unknown library `gtkhtml'

That the esound-devel package is needed revealed in an error during make only.

When gnucash will probably work with chipcardd2/chipcardc2 and openhbci_plugin_ddvcard2?
As I did not recognize that this are completely new designed packages (there is no much docu now) I firstly
tried to use them. Gnucash reports nothing. So I recommend at least to mention this in the README.HBCI
(requirements) and README (dependencies).

I'm glad to report that I could successfully connect to my bank. For the first time there happened some
segmention fault with the initial HBCI setup when I should match the HBCI accounts with GnuCash accounts. I
will report in future.

During installation I experienced that rpmbuild often halted with the messages "cannot stat ...", "no such
file or directory" or "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found". With GnuCash it was the same:
In file included from basiccell.c:42:
../../../src/gnome-utils/dialog-utils.h:28:25: glade/glade.h: No such file or directory

Why the rpmbuild often stops although at the same time the make runs without any warning?

Best regards!

Hagen Riedel
--
Diese Email wurde mit mail at box.de versendet.