developer report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 21 10:24:42 EDT 2004

Note, for HBCI stuff you're probably best off asking on gnucash-de,
because it only affects you germans and the rest of us really don't
care much about it... ;)

More inline...

"Hagen Riedel" <hagen_riedel-lugl at box.de> writes:

> Before compiling gnucash I had to set up various links so configure could find the libs:
> in /usr/lib/
> libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.0
> libdb.so -> libdb-4.2.so
> libdb1.a -> libdb.a
[snip]

Uhh, do you have the -devel packages installed?  I bet you do not!  Those
packages should have the ".so" link for you, as well as the necessary headers.
If SuSE doesn't ship a -devel package with a .so symlink then you should
file a bug report with SuSE.

> and  in /usr/bin
> glib-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/glib-config
> g-wrap-config -> /usr/local/bin/g-wrap-config
> gnome-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
> gtk-config -> /opt/gnome/bin/gtk-config
> Actually I don't know if it were some more or less - it took two hours until configure proceeded up to the
> end.

This just means you should have /opt/gnome/bin and /usr/local/bin in your
PATH.  Much easier than symlinking.

[nsip]
> creating config.h
> mv: cannot stat `po/POTFILES': No such file or directory
> ./config.status: line 1093: po/POTFILES.tmp: No such file or directory
> creating po/POTFILES
> creating po/Makefile

This is normal the first time.  I don't know why.

> Though libgtkhtml-2.4.1-140 (as well as gtkhtml-devel-1.1.10-195 and gtkhtml-1.1.10-195) is installed there
> appears the following error report. I did not bother about this as this package was not mandatory
> neccessary.
> checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> Unknown library `gtkhtml'

Check your config.log to see what failed.

> That the esound-devel package is needed revealed in an error during make only.

That's because it's a dependency of a dependency..  It's not something
that _gnucash_ uses directly, so we don't consider it a dependency.
Complain to SuSE (or the GNOME folks) about stupidities like this.

> When gnucash will probably work with chipcardd2/chipcardc2 and openhbci_plugin_ddvcard2?

Next major release, I would presume.

> During installation I experienced that rpmbuild often halted with the messages "cannot stat ...", "no such
> file or directory" or "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found". With GnuCash it was the same:
> In file included from basiccell.c:42:
> ../../../src/gnome-utils/dialog-utils.h:28:25: glade/glade.h: No such file or directory
>
> Why the rpmbuild often stops although at the same time the make runs without any warning?

Do you have the glade development package installed?