Error Message Opening GC

Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI) volker at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 21 12:00:08 EDT 2004

I was wondering if anybody had seen the following error message before:

     Error: gnc_mbstowcs: bad multi-byte conversion
     Error: gnc_quickfill_insert: bad text conversion

I am using GC 1.8.9 running on Fedora 2 and this message is being displayed
every time I'm starting GC, opening an account, or enter a transaction into
a register.  However, the error doesn't appear to effect the behavior of GC
as far as I can tell.
I was wondering if the problem - since I haven't seen any report of this in
Bugzilla or the archives - might be related to some German characters in an
account name.

By the way, I did not see this error message in GC 1.8.8.

Thanks

Volker Englisch
Contractor - MSD, Inc.
phone: (301) 496-0102  (CIPS)