Problem with Install - 1.8.9-1

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at myaccess.com.au
Mon Jun 28 08:04:18 EDT 2004

Hi Sridhar.

I have the following installed:

libgal.so.23 from libgal23 RPM
libgtkhtml1.1_3-devel
guile 1.6.4
libqthreads is in libguile12

I am running Mandrake 9.2, and i wasn't asked for a postgresql connecting RPM.

I find it handy instead of using a graphical installer or RPM -Uvh gnucash, to
use "urpmi gnucash" in a terminal as root.  That should suggest what
dependencies you need.  Apparently Red Carpet is or was a part of Ximian
Gnome, and should do this also, but I have never used it.

I am currently running Gnucash 1.9, which I compiled from source then
installed with checkinstall.  Compiling from source forced me to install the
dependencies along the way.

HTH,

Doug.