New version gnucash 1.8.9 mandrake

Johan Sch johansche at absamail.co.za
Wed Jun 30 08:57:18 EDT 2004

Hi List,

FYI..Mandrake users (installed on mdk 10.0 by me)..latest version of gnucash can be found here..

From: ftp://rpmfind.rediris.es/sites/carroll.cac.psu.edu/
mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
gnucash-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm

Size: 6.4 MB (6,653,984 bytes)
*************
From: ftp://rpmfind.rediris.es/sites/carroll.cac.psu.edu/
mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
libgnucash0-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm

Size: 171 KB (174,845 bytes)
*********
From: ftp://rpmfind.rediris.es/sites/carroll.cac.psu.edu/
mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
gnucash-ofx-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm

Size: 25 KB (24,787 bytes)
****************
From: ftp://rpmfind.rediris.es/sites/carroll.cac.psu.edu/
mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
gnucash-hbci-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm

Size: 72 KB (72,827 bytes)
**************
You need all 4 rpms.

Some suggestions on install new version.

1-uninstall existing 1.8.8 version with MCC
2-Here is a not so well known trick with dependencies..put all 4 rpms on one line after rpm.
Like..
rpm -Uvh gnucash-hbci-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm libgnucash0-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm gnucash-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm gnucash-ofx-1.8.9-1mdk.i586.rpm
Ok . this does not look like on one line but it is suposed to be and separated by a space.
The order does not matter . by doing this you tell rpm that all those files are related and it will sort all dependencies out.

An easy way to this is by having the rpms in same dir . type rpm -Uvh ..gn + tab (auto completion) .. fill in more chars to pick correct rpm .. li + tab . and so on until al 4 are entered .. press  <enter > and rpm will install them happily in the order required by dependencies.
Maybe this will also work with urpmi . have not tried it yet.
*****

Kindly could some one tell me/us where same version my be found for Suse 9.1 please
Thanks

--
Johan Sch
Registered Linux User #33034