GNUCash on TurboLinux Desktop 10

Brent Scott qubit at mail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:40:41 EDT 2004

All,

About 6 months ago I set out to build GNUCash for TurboLinux Workstation 8. I had offered to build the RPM's for public distribution, but since it required too much modification to the default library installations, I was not able to build RPMS. I was able to get it installed and running on two machines before I called it quits.

I have now installed the latest version of my favorite distro, and have again tackled the GNUCash installation.  This time, I did not need to make modifications to the default install, but had to add a lot of deficient packages (11 in total) that were not included on CD. However, since I am installing it on 4 different computers, I tackled the RPM option of all packages including GNUCash itself. If someone is interested, I can make the binary, and even updated source rpms available for posting to the GNUCash website for any others who would like to install it on TurboLinux 10. It would save someone many hours (18 total) in finding the correct versions, compiling, and install order. I'm also working on a script that tests for all distro requirements and installs the non-distro binaries I created. I also have instructions for building from source RPMS and where I got them that I can make available if there is interest.

-Br-