Invoice starting number (yes I know it's a FAQ...)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 2 16:04:50 CST 2004

Andrew Ruscica <avr at canada.com> writes:

> I too am trying to set the counter. However, I am looking in my main data file
> and I don't see the COUNTER. If I search for 'COUNTER' or 'Counter' I don't
> find anything. Searching for 'counter' reveals only this section:

Well, this is the right section.  This means you've got one Customer
and two Jobs, but you have not created any invoices.

NOTE WELL:  The 'counter' is not "created" until _AFTER_ you've created
your first invoice!  You can create it by hand by adding a slot for
gncInvoice.