[Fwd: Re: What to use for Red Hat Enterprise Server 3 ES?]

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Tue Mar 2 19:28:53 CST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
 > Mark Eackloff <meackloff at cox.net> writes:
 >

 >> 2) I did not install a gnucash RPM.  I downloaded and built from
 >> the gnucash-1.8.8.tar.gz distro.  I once had the
 >> gnucash-1.8.1-*.rpm from my RHL9 CDs up and running on RHEL3.  Then
 >> I decided to upgrade to the 1.8.8 release.  Don't ask me what I did
 >> to get the 1.8.1 running.  I don't remember and didn't take notes
 >> that time.  But the document I attached with my prior post was for
 >> building from the 1.8.8 tarball under RHEL3 ES.
 >

 > You do realize that there is an RPM for 1.8.8 on RHL9 at:
 > http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/

I did not realize that, but I have an RPM for RHL9 already and it will
not even install unless I load a *lot* of libraries from RHL9. And since
this is a RHES 3 machine, they seem to be flakey in the other
environment. The Transaction Report, in particular, does not work. At
this point, my guess is that I will have to pick up the source and start
building. Then pick up source libraries for whatever else is missing and
hope that the stuff already there is OK, neither too new nor too old.

One thing I will not do is remove a RHEL 3 library and put something
else in its place.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine    73926.