Start-up Problem

John Reynolds gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 4 19:18:07 CST 2004

- ------Original Message-----
From: John <johnb51 at earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday 04 March 2004 07:56 pm
To: John Reynolds <gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm>
Cc: GnuCash User <gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: Start-up Problem

>On Thursday 04 March 2004 07:12 pm, you wrote:

Debbie,

Well if you followed the directions Michael gave you, you should be in and
using GnuCash now, Correct? I can't remember if GC will automatically delete
the old .lck file, or if it just disregards it and creates another one.

If GnuCash is not running (your positive no one is using it remotely -
NFS/Samba on home LAN), and a .lck file exists in the directory with your
data file, you can delete it just like any other file. Just be careful not to
delete anything else.

John R