How to paye bill???

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 7 22:41:14 CST 2004

Patrick GELIN <patrick.gelin at free.fr> writes:

>> Uhh, then you didn't pay the bill... Or you've got more bills for this
>> vendor...  Or you've hit a strange bug that appears to happen in early
>> 1.8 series when you post/unpost/repost invoices...
>>
> My serial number is 1.8.8. And effectivelly I posted/unposted/reposted some
> invoices... Is there a patch or something explaining the problem?

I dont know what the problem is; I've never been able to reproduce it
myself.  I was working with someone who had this problem but he had no
clue what he did to get himself into the situation.  Do you?

If you could provide me a (relatively short) set of steps which shows
how you get into this situation it would go a long way towards
actually debugging this.  In particular, if you can start with an
empty file and give me the steps you can use to get into this
situation it can really help me.

>> Run a customer report..  Set the starting date to something really
>> really early.  That should help point you in the right direction.
>>

> I've done but I don't learn anythong else. What should I learn with this?

It should give you a list of all invoices and payments applied to that
customer...  You can then go in and try to figure out how your
payments are mapped to invoices.