Privacy

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Mar 12 12:34:22 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 13:31, Bill Wisse wrote:

> If anybody knows a solution for this problem ( apart from " don't let him do
> that , or tell him to log in as a different user) I'll be glad to hear that.

Multiple solutions have been outlined in this thread, probably the best
for your situation being: don't force secondary-users to log in as a
different user, but make your "default" running user unable to access
gnucash data by creating an account _specifically_ for using gnucash.

Basically: exchange...
"use the existing account/password/permissions mechanism of the OS"
...for...
"extend gnucash to have it's own special password feature".

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
# A: Because it breaks the flow of normal conversation.