Privacy

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Fri Mar 12 12:31:58 CST 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 07:08, Robert Uhl wrote:
> Bill Wisse <wiswp at niue.nu> writes:
> > Gnucash should be password protected.
>
> Why?  The OS already handles permissions and security, and does it
> well.

The security I'm thinking about is a bit different.
Example:
House with one computer .
Computer is running.
There comes your son ( and friend) Dad, Dad can I burn my CD?
Put in CD and start burning, but they can also click on GC and open it, not
that I have any secrets but they can.
Password protected they can't.
The other two Linux money programs I used before had an option to assign a
password.

If anybody knows a solution for this problem ( apart from " don't let him do
that , or tell him to log in as a different user) I'll be glad to hear that.

--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."