out of the party...

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Mar 12 12:47:08 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 13:35, Dr. Jones wrote:

> I am still trying to get gnucash running on my sid/potato Debian 3.0
> system.
>
> When I attempt to run it, I get the following error message:
>
> scott:/sethe/soap# gnucash
> ERROR: Unbound variable: ELFP?4?H4

That's really messed up.  The first part is scheme, and the second part
is binary ... it's like it's trying to do
(eval (read "/usr/bin/gnucash"))
... which of course is going to fail.

We have a slightly convoluted manner of invoking gnucash right now, but
the existing gnucash scripts should handle this correctly...

Can you make sure the following is true...?

[at a prompt...]

% which gnucash
/usr/bin/gnucash

# You may need to adjust the paths below for your system
# depending on what that returns...

% file /usr/bin/gnucash
/usr/bin/gnucash: Bourne shell script text executable

% file /usr/bin/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env
/usr/bin/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env: Bourne shell script text executable

% file /usr/bin/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash
/usr/bin/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash: Bourne shell script text executable

> I really need to be running gnucash to get my finances in order. Please
> help if you can. I am often on the #utah channel on freenode.net as
> noted in my signature below.

That's nice; try #gnucash on irc.gnome.org. :)

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
# A: Because it breaks the flow of normal conversation.