Privacy

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Fri Mar 12 13:06:47 CST 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 01:48, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 22:21, Jim Woodruff wrote:
> > My computer is accessed by the entire family and my kids friends.
> > Is there a way to password gnucash or its data files? I've searched
> > the help files and man pages without success.
>
> Other options are:

> We've generally resisted implementing this within gnucash -- which is a
> personal finance program,

I do not agree with that . The business options makes it a lot more than just
personal.

> and not a security tool.

We are not asking for a security tool only for a security option.
I strongly believe that financial programs ( personal or business) should have
an option ( for the user to decide) of a password.
In fact if you have a look at other ( decent) financial programs I doubt it if
there is any without a password option.

BTW why are so many people against this option? Just give it as an option,
what's wrong with that?
--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."