out of the party...

Dr. Jones drjones at vii.com
Sat Mar 13 12:51:21 CST 2004

Josh:

I attempted those changed commands; Alas, I have no /libexec directory
anywhere on my system, however this is what I did find:

scott at scott:~$ file /usr/lib/gnucash/overrides/gnucash
/usr/lib/gnucash/overrides/gnucash: Bourne shell script text executable
scott at scott:~$ file /usr/lib/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env
/usr/lib/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env: Bourne shell script text executable

I don't know if this means gnucash is installing in a weird way, or if
it is something else. I do know that in the past when trying to launch
gnucash, I have encountered various 'guile' problems, none of which show
up now, at this point.

>Ah ... my apologies.  The command should be:
>
>% file /usr/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env

This did not work. I have no 'libexec' directory. Any idea why it would
not be installing?

I added the line from Jay's email to my /etc/apt/sources.list file and
ran apt-get update and then apt-get install gnucash, but it never did
install it from his repository.

Am I on the right path with this?

Scott