Privacy

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Mar 14 09:44:54 CST 2004

  Roger Price <roger.price at pandora.be>,
  In a message on Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:21:59 +0100, wrote :

RP> Yes - that did the trick!  It would be nice if there was a way to make
RP> this setting stick, rather than have to do it before each su.

If you have some script controlling X11's startup (~/.xsession ?) you
can put the xhost command there.

RP> Is there some magic with xauth or something like that?

xauth can do this.  As you normal self do this:

xauth generate unix:0.0 . trusted
xauth extract /tmp/me.xauth unix:0.0
chmod 666 /tmp/me.xauth
su - gnucash
xauth merge /tmp/me.xauth
exit
rm /tmp/me.xauth

I *think* this will work.

Using ssh instead of su might be easier.