Privacy

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Mar 14 09:44:54 CST 2004

  Roger Price <roger.price at pandora.be>,
  In a message on Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:42:52 +0100, wrote :

RP> OK - next step.  For some reason the ssh -X did not work for me; I did
RP> try that already.

It is possible (likely) that the X11 forwarding is disabled in the sshd
config file (/etc/ssh/sshd_config under Linux -- I don't know where OS X
stores it). Look for these lines:

sauron.deepsoft.com% sudo grep -i x11 /etc/ssh/*_config
Password:
/etc/ssh/ssh_config:#   ForwardX11 no
/etc/ssh/ssh_config:    ForwardX11 yes
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:#X11Forwarding no
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:X11Forwarding yes
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:#X11DisplayOffset 10
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:#X11UseLocalhost yes

(note the commented out lines (#...) and the changes from no to yes.)
You'll need to restart the sshd daemon once you have changed
sshd_config. You can either just reboot the whole machine or kill and
restart the daemon (under Linux with the SysV init scripts this is easy:
	sudo /etc/init.d/sshd restart
)