Gnucash 1.8.8 installed on RHEL-WS via Fedora RPMs

E. Joshua Rigler Jrigler at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:41:43 CST 2004

Maybe I'm the last one to figure this out, but probably not, from what I
could gather reading the discussions on this list recently.  I managed
to get Gnucash 1.8.8 installed on RedHat Enterprise WS (v3.0 with
"everything" installed and up2dates), via RPM only, using packages from
Fedora...

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

...and/or...

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

I haven't actually had time to really test-drive things to check for
stability, but I figure this must be at least as reliable as Fedora
itself...has anyone noticed any problems with Fedora's GC package?  Of
course there were a ton of dependency issues at first, but I think, in
the end, the only packages I installed that actually overwrote anything
already on my system were the docbook stuff.

Here's a list of all the files I downloaded and installed.  I took no
chances, and included all "devel" packages.    Your mileage may vary...

bonobo-1.0.22-7.i386.rpm
bonobo-devel-1.0.22-7.i386.rpm
docbook-dtds-1.0-22.1.noarch.rpm
docbook-style-dsssl-1.78-2.noarch.rpm
docbook-style-xsl-1.61.2-2.1.noarch.rpm
docbook-utils-0.6.13-7.noarch.rpm
docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.13-7.noarch.rpm
gal-0.24-2.i386.rpm
gal-devel-0.24-2.i386.rpm
GConf-1.0.9-11.i386.rpm
GConf-devel-1.0.9-11.i386.rpm
gnome-print-0.37-7.1.i386.rpm
gnome-print-devel-0.37-7.1.i386.rpm
gnome-vfs-1.0.5-15.i386.rpm
gnome-vfs-devel-1.0.5-15.i386.rpm
gnome-vfs-extras-0.2.0-7.i386.rpm
gnucash-1.8.8-1.i386.rpm
gnucash-backend-postgres-1.8.8-1.i386.rpm
gtkhtml-1.1.9-5.i386.rpm
gtkhtml-devel-1.1.9-5.i386.rpm
guile-1.6.4-8.2.i386.rpm
guile-devel-1.6.4-8.2.i386.rpm
Guppi-0.40.3-16.i386.rpm
Guppi-devel-0.40.3-16.i386.rpm
g-wrap-1.3.4-4.i386.rpm
g-wrap-devel-1.3.4-4.i386.rpm
libcapplet0-1.4.0.1-13.i386.rpm
libcapplet0-devel-1.4.0.1-13.i386.rpm
libgal23-0.24-2.i386.rpm
libglade-0.17-12.2.i386.rpm
libglade-devel-0.17-12.2.i386.rpm
libgnomeprint15-0.37-7.1.i386.rpm
libxml-devel-1.8.17-9.i386.rpm
oaf-0.6.10-8.i386.rpm
oaf-devel-0.6.10-8.i386.rpm
openjade-1.3.2-8.i386.rpm
openjade-devel-1.3.2-8.i386.rpm

(Note:  I am not subscribed to this list any more, but I check the
archives from time to time.  If you have a question, please contact me
directly, or you may be waiting a long time for my response.)