Small biz: personal vs. company accounts hierarchy?

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Fri Mar 26 10:06:42 EST 2004

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

>> So how do I set up accounts for me (the human) versus the LLC?
>
> Two files.

Makes sense. Are these two files totally distinct? That is, if I open
the LLC file and enter an expense to pay the human, does that create a
corresponding transaction in the file for the human?  Or do I need to
enter the same payment in both files, separate, creating a potential
for data entry inconsistency?

> I'd recommend an accounting-101 book..  Or at least read the Gnucash
> Manual.

Just picked up the (gasp) Idiot's Guide to Finance and
Accounting as suggested by other posters here recently.

Many thanks.