Small biz: personal vs. company accounts hierarchy?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 26 10:21:17 EST 2004

Chris Shenton <chris at Shenton.Org> writes:

> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>>> So how do I set up accounts for me (the human) versus the LLC?
>>
>> Two files.
>
> Makes sense. Are these two files totally distinct? That is, if I open
> the LLC file and enter an expense to pay the human, does that create a
> corresponding transaction in the file for the human?  Or do I need to
> enter the same payment in both files, separate, creating a potential
> for data entry inconsistency?

The latter; gnucash wont create transactions across multiple files.
You need to treat them separately.  First you enter the txn in the
business accounts, and then you enter the txn in the personal accounts.