Transaction reports documentation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 31 17:01:00 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> The report documentation is rather lacking.  Offers of help in
> documenting the reports would be accepted (hint hint).  This is a
> COMPLETELY volunteer effort afterall.

Derek,

  I'll be happy to write up report docs when I understand the
ideosyncracies, sequence and other details of producing them.

> First, try an Account Report rather than a Register Report.  A Transaction
> Report from a register window will give you a report on the specific
> transaction you have selected.  The Account report for a register will
> show you all the transactions in the register/account.

  OK. A matter of understanding the terminology as defined within the
application.

> If you want a real Transaction Report you should run it from the main
> window, not a Register..  Then you can use the report options to select
> the accounts, dates, etc.

  Tried with no better results. See following reply.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President