GnuCash 1.8.9 RH8 rpm

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun May 2 22:57:38 EDT 2004

Graeme Nichols <gnichols at tpg.com.au> writes:

> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:44, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Not by us.  RH8 is EOLed.  RH9 is even EOLed.  You should upgrade your OS.
>
> Yes, I know, but RedHat's ES distributions are based on RH8/9 so I would
> have believed that it would be desirable to have such an rpm not
> withstanding that a lot of GnuCash users do not upgrade at the rate that
> new distributions are released and business users would probably prefer
> RedHat's ES distribution anyway because of its stability feature that
> RedHat is promoting.

Eh?   GnuCash is extremely version specific.  If one were built for
RH8 it wouldn't work on ES, so what's the point?   If the point
were to support ES we'd need to built on ES.  If the point is to
support RH9, we'd need to build on RH9.

If you want it, offer to be the maintainer.  That implies you're
offering to build and test the RPMs on your release(s) for every
Gnucash release.  Are you volunteering?