GnuCash 1.8.9 RH8 rpm

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Sun May 2 23:06:05 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:57, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Graeme Nichols <gnichols at tpg.com.au> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:44, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >> Not by us.  RH8 is EOLed.  RH9 is even EOLed.  You should upgrade your OS.
> >
> > Yes, I know, but RedHat's ES distributions are based on RH8/9 so I would
> > have believed that it would be desirable to have such an rpm not
> > withstanding that a lot of GnuCash users do not upgrade at the rate that
> > new distributions are released and business users would probably prefer
> > RedHat's ES distribution anyway because of its stability feature that
> > RedHat is promoting.
>
> Eh?   GnuCash is extremely version specific.  If one were built for
> RH8 it wouldn't work on ES, so what's the point?   If the point
> were to support ES we'd need to built on ES.  If the point is to
> support RH9, we'd need to build on RH9.
>
> If you want it, offer to be the maintainer.  That implies you're
> offering to build and test the RPMs on your release(s) for every
> Gnucash release.  Are you volunteering?

Yes! I have never had any experience building rpm packages but I am
willing to learn and build RH8 packages. Is there a tutorial somewhere
or a contact I can talk to to learn?

--

Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols

If you don't have time to do it right, where are you going to find the
time
to do it over?

- IMPORTANT.                                                         -
- The contents of this email and any attachments, which may be con-  -
- fidential, are sent for the personal attention of the addressee/s  -
- only. If you receive this email and are not the intended addressee -
- please inform the sender and delete this email immediately. Use,   -
- copying, disclosure or forwarding of the contents of this email    -
- and/or any attachment/s is not authourised.                        -