Possible bug in scheduled txns (and a couple of quick questions.)

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at myaccess.com.au
Thu May 20 20:16:41 EDT 2004

I upgraded to 1.9 and find that scheduled transactions work much better than
before.  But I can't create one from scratch.  I can schedule an existing
transaction easily, and I create a new one by scheduling something then
changing all the details.

When I enter one from scratch, the "Account" field in the second line prompts
a string of hex characters, longer than the field.  I can replace this with
an account, but the amount in that line isn't saved.  Since I am entering
some annual amounts and my file goes back only to July 1, 2003, I am getting
quite a bit of this.

The questions -
1. When would I replay a .log file?  If I restore a backup then run the same
transactions, wouldn't I create the same errors?
2.  I was told once that a script had been written to clean out old .xac and
log files.  Can someone point me to it, please?

Doug.
--
Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination.
	- Roy M. Goodman.