Leftover Files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 24 15:29:16 EDT 2004

Allen Ziegenfus <listmail at allenz.net> writes:

> You should keep in mind that if you ever want to upgrade to the latest
> GnuCash, you'll first have to upgrade to a version in the 1.6 series.
> The newer versions won't read your 1.4 file. (I just went through this
> in the fall).

If someone wants to help maintain 1.4 compatibility (and help debug
the reason that 1.4 data files fail) I'm certainly willing to commit
bug-fixes to the code.  It's not that I want to lose compatibility,
but without recurrant testing it's hard to notice that bugs have been
introduced, and even harder to track them down without help.