List settings

Robert Uhl ruhl at 4dv.net
Sat May 29 19:56:58 EDT 2004

Elizabeth Dodd <liz at billiau.net> writes:

> Those of us using KMail sort our mail according to the list to which
> it belongs and can also set the reply-to address to the list if
> required.  Then different hotkeys give us reply to list, reply and
> reply to all, advance to next new message, and I'd really recommend
> that you try this way of getting mail.....  Liz

gnus does all that, runs withing emacs (and hence can run on the command
line or in X), integrates news reading (actually, it's a news client
which allows one to read mail), and is _very_ cool.

Not to put down KMail, of course, just mentioning my own preference.
gnus is not quite so easy to learn, although it's a joy to use
(ease-of-use and ease-of-learning are quite different, oddly enough).

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl at 4dv.net>
Many that live deserve death.  And some that die deserve life.  Can