List settings

Scott Minster scott at mland.dhs.org
Sun May 30 10:44:09 EDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> With my Mozilla Linux mailer, if I click reply, it goes to the author
> only, not the list. The other reply option is Reply All which sends to the
> list and the author.

Some list software filters out duplicates, so if the message was sent to
the list and to a member of the list, the list software wouldn't send
another copy to that member.  I don't know if the gnucash lists are that
smart, though.

But like Derek said, it's not that big a deal to get two copies of the
same message (that happens enough if you read both gnucash-user and
gnucash-devel).  I, by default, always reply-to-all on mailing lists;
that's usually the easiest way to make sure the message gets through.

--Scott