Reconciling single cheque covering multiple payments

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 11 09:40:19 EST 2004

Des Dougan <des at DouganConsulting.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 09:41 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> To re-phrase: For the business accounting system to work, you __MUST__
>> enter __ALL__ business transactions (A/R and A/P, Invoices, Bills, and
>> Payments) through the Business menu options.  You __MUST NOT__ enter
>> any transactions by hand or import them.
>
> On digging further into my error(s), I have found that I have 9 of my
> invoices that show not paid (although they have been), going back to
> July. While it would be reasonably straightforward to fix the two from
> my original posting, fixing the others so that they show as paid is
> likely to be more convoluted.
>
> If I leave the invoices in their current state will it mess up anything
> else? Should I try to fix them? I won't be able to go back that far for
> bank reconciliation files, I don't believe.

yes, it will mean that going forward posted payments will get applied
to the old invoices and not the new one..  Unless you start from a new
customer and never post invoices to that "customer" ever again.