Credit card and cash-flow

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Fri Nov 12 18:51:33 EST 2004

Mark Eackloff wrote:
>>Other problem which I was not able to solve is that what I would actually
>>like to get is a monthly average on the individual accounts for the given
>>period. I have searched this group extensively, but basically the only
>>answer I've found is that I've got a tough luck and that it is not useful.
>>However, it seems to me that such report would be incredibly useful for
>>any budgeting. I am non-programmer, but I have written good number of
>>small scripts (Bash, Python, mainly). Yes, I know that it is a  Lisp-like
>>Scheme (and I hate zillion of nested parenthesis), but if it means just to
>>add couple of defuns into some existing report, that I think I could try
>>to do it. So, if there is some non-difficult way how to mangle the current
>>report to do that I would love to make an effort to do it -- any
>>suggestions where to begin?
>>

> Run the report for a year and divide by 12.

Well, this is certainly correct advice, but could anybody point to how to
make this programatically? I guess the whole change would be
 cp cash-flow.scm cash-flow-monthly.scm
 vim cash-flow-monthly.scm # add "/12" somewhere
 vim ?/report.scm

Am I right? If so, where should I add that "/12"?

 Thanks for any advice,

  Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the
world; and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of
finding twelve men every day who don't know anything and can't
read.
      -- Mark Twain