Importing banking data

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Nov 16 10:04:33 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:20, Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:

> I want to import data about the transactions on my checking accounts
> (all transfers to and from my checking accounts) in a semi-automatic
> way. That is, I want that
[deletia]
> Is it possible to do this?

As per the documentation, GnuCash supports two formats for import:
* QIF
* OFX
[as well as supporting the more extensive HBCI protocol if you're in
Germany.]

So, if your bank doesn't support exporting data in one of those formats,
then you will need to convert into one of those two formats; QIF is
probably the one to target.

...jsled