Importing OFX/QIF Files

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Wed Nov 17 12:32:52 EST 2004

When I'm importing my information from my bank, and it's matching to an existing transaction, the amount should be updated by the cleared transaction, not the other way around.

For example, I have scheduled transactions to enter my paychecks (I'm salaried).  By the end of the year, the paychecks are higher as some deductions get maxed out, so the amount of the direct deposit is higher than my scheduled transaction amount.  But, when I match the transaction, it takes the amount from the register, not from the bank.

I thought I'd post this here before I file a feature request with bugzilla, to make sure there isn't a setting I should change to fix this behavior.

-Dave

--
David Frascone

Come any closer and I'll use my magnet!