Font size for printing checks

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 13:40:07 EST 2004

On Nov 17, 2004, at 12:14 AM, Greg Woods wrote:

> I just upgraded my system to Fedora Core 3, so now I've got gnucash
> 1.8.9. Looks good, except when I go to print checks, the font size is
> huge, like an order of magnitude larger than it used to be. The Custom
> Format still lines the fields up in the right place, but doesn't change
> the huge font. Is there some place to control this (the font size used
> when printing checks)? I haven't been able to find it. Is this
> something
> that can only be changed by hacking the source code? Is it getting the
> default font size out of the GNOME preferences somewhere?
>
> --
> Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net>

print-session.c sets the default font to Courier 12. Make sure you have
that installed in your gnome files.

I don't understand gnome very well, or even Gnucash for that matter.
When I went looking for a way to cleanly mess with the font for checks,
I couldn't find one. I'm sure it can be done, since the effect of all
this stuff is to pass parameters to a postscript interpreter, I just
haven't figured out how...

Dave