windoze version?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 21 14:43:13 EST 2004

Nils Jeppe <nils at pandemonium.de> writes:

> 8-|
>
> I am sorry if I started something, thanks to everybody who replied.

You didn't.  We just need to deal with "the one true FAQ".  This thread
just brought that to a head.

> I just installed gnucash on my old iBook instead, it's kinda sluggish but
> it works. I used the fink version. Finance::Quote won't update but I think
> I know why (probably needs the mac os x dev tools).
>
> One thing though that I noted moving my data from linux to mac: The
> reports are in .gnucash/books, but do not get loaded unless you also copy
> over .gnome/GnuCash. This seems a little silly to me. Maybe it's possible
> to move that data over to either the books file or the accounts file in
> some future version?

This is due to the way MDI works.  Once we move away from MDI to
something else then we _may_ have a chance to solidify the
configuration into fewer files.  OTOH we may wind up using gconf,
which means the data gets stored into MORE locations.