windoze version?

Nils Jeppe nils at pandemonium.de
Sun Nov 21 16:00:42 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> This is due to the way MDI works.  Once we move away from MDI to
> something else then we _may_ have a chance to solidify the
> configuration into fewer files.  OTOH we may wind up using gconf,
> which means the data gets stored into MORE locations.

Hmmm, just this user's feedback - I'd really prefer if gnucash data became
more easily portable. Storing financial data on a notebook is not the best
idea, so I'll end up hacking something up like maybe putting the stuff on
a usb stick or some kind of memory card (if you steal that, you can easily
take my credit card at the same time). Just an idea, haven't thought it
through yet. Anyway the point is, if I have to dig the data out of a dozen
locations, maybe parse configfiles or binary db files, then that job gets
kinda tough :-)

- Nils