windoze version?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 21 16:33:48 EST 2004

Nils Jeppe <nils at pandemonium.de> writes:

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> This is due to the way MDI works.  Once we move away from MDI to
>> something else then we _may_ have a chance to solidify the
>> configuration into fewer files.  OTOH we may wind up using gconf,
>> which means the data gets stored into MORE locations.
>
> Hmmm, just this user's feedback - I'd really prefer if gnucash data became
> more easily portable. Storing financial data on a notebook is not the best
> idea, so I'll end up hacking something up like maybe putting the stuff on
> a usb stick or some kind of memory card (if you steal that, you can easily
> take my credit card at the same time). Just an idea, haven't thought it
> through yet. Anyway the point is, if I have to dig the data out of a dozen
> locations, maybe parse configfiles or binary db files, then that job gets
> kinda tough :-)

The DATA is easily portable.  You can easily share the financial data
across as many machines that you want.  There's no problem doing that
today.  It's the report configuration that is not easily portable, and
frankly I dont care about that being very portable.  It's not hard to
rebuild your reports.