New user attempting installation-dependencies

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Wed Nov 24 10:14:12 EST 2004

Tom Capehart wrote:

> I'm a wannabee gnucash user but I am stymied during the installation by
> the
> 20 or so dependencies that I am apparently missing.  I have recently
> installed RH Desktop 3.95 from downloaded cd's.  Can someone help me get

Hi, Tom!  RH Desktop 3.95?  Any particular reason for this distro?  You
might want to look at using Fedora (www.fedora.redhat.com).

I'll bet gnucash is on one of the CD's you downloaded.  If so, you'll do
something like this:

(Red Hat) -> System -> Add/Remove Programs

Search around for GnuCash (it'll probably be under "office applications").
Give it a check-mark and click OK.  Feed it the CD's that it asks for.
When done, it should appear under (Red Hat) -> Office Applications.

If this fails, your best bet is to figure out how to use yum (or apt).  If
you're lucky, this might work at a command prompt:

$ su
Password:
# yum update gnucash

Peace,
Gabriel

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d