newbie installing gnucash on mac osx 10.3.6

John Koreth jkoreth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:41:50 EST 2004

Hi Adrian:

thanks for the tips. I went back to finkcommander and found that
gnucash was listed as 'archived' but not installed. Did a bit of
googling and found that I had not 'installed' it, rather had 'built'
it initially. So, the install command worked like a charm, and I have
the program running from X11 terminal now! That was easy to fix.

I have subsequently updated Xcode tools (to v1.5), and updated the gcc
file (Apple Dev Connection website). I then found new versions of
gnucash that also compiled and installed without a hitch (apparently,
since I haven't played much with the program yet).

many thanks for the help!

john