two sets of prefrences for two gnucash instances?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 28 20:20:06 EST 2004

Hello,

The recent tip about have two instances of Gnucash running if you need
to access two sets of accounts at the same time was excellent. But I'm
feeling the need to differentiate the windows some how.

I've achieved some success using xnest and opening one set of accounts
from Gnucash in a windowed x11 session, and the other in my usual
rootless X11 on OS X.

This has allowed me to specify a separate gtkrc for the xnested
instance, and thus give one instance of Gnucash different application
'chrome'.

What I'd like to do now is alter the ledger colours for that instance,
the question is how do I have two sets of preferences for Gnucash?

I see the --config-path and --load-user-config options in 'gnucash
--help', but I can't get those to work; I get an "unknown option" error.

Is there any way to launch Gnucash with a separate set of user prefs, so
that I can have two different sets of ledger colours?

TIA

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at ntlworld.com>