New user attempting installation-dependencies

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 30 12:53:40 EST 2004

Matej Cepl <cepl at surfbest.net> writes:

> <rant>
> BTW, after searching through this mess about the fonts, I am really glad
> that I am KDE. Somebody mentioned in the message from the June of this
> years, that "UTF-8 is rather new technology". Guys, Unicode was present at
> least in 1994 when I begun to work with Internet and KDE is 100% Unicode at
> least from version 2.0, which is from 2000!
> </rant>

Gnome2 supports UTF8; gnome2 has been out since about 2001 (or 2002).
The gnucash g2 port was started on Feb 15, 2003.  It's not the
underlying tech that's the problem here.  It's the lack of developer
resources to complete the g2 port and get it out the door.