Business: Transactions don't show up in reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 3 13:26:14 EDT 2004

Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca> writes:

> Laurent Duperval wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking at my cash flow report and some transactions don't
>> show. I bill my company for all expenses I incur on its behalf, and
>> I consider myself as a vendor. Looking at my cash flow report, it
>> shows the expense report I did in January but does not show any of
>> the others. But, if I click on the link for the account, it lists
>> all the transactions that occured for that account.
>>

> Let me add that when I look at the Account Summary report, it all
> comes out nicely.

Most likely you have the cash-flow report set up incorrectly.  The
cash flow draws an imaginary circle around the accounts you select and
reports on all transactions that cross that boundary.  Any
transactions that are solely on one side or the other are NOT
included.

For example: Assume you have four accounts, A, B, C, and D, and you
run a cash flow on accounts A and B.  This report will show you any
transactions between A and C, A and D, B and C, or B and D.  It will
not show transactions between A and B or C and D.

Most likely you have your report set up just that it's not showing
the transactions because they are an A+B or C+D transaction.