Reconcilling checking account

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 3 19:12:51 EDT 2004

   I have 1.8.9 running here after my system crash. Yesterday I entered all
debits and credits from the beginning of 2004 from the paper check register.
The paper record balances with the latest bank statement (September).
However, I cannot get the gnucash version to the same state. No on-line help
is available; every option I select in the "Help" menu returns a "URL not
found" message.

   After enterin all transactions I started at the top and changed the "F"
field from 'n' to 'c' for each cleared check, debit card purchase and
deposit. Then I ran "Reconcile" from the menu. Wasn't able to enter an
ending balance and the attempt was way off. What is the proper procedure for
this? I went looking for the help but it is not there.

Thanks,

Rich