Selling of stock does not work

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 13 10:50:57 EDT 2004

Perhaps it's a language thing, but I'm not convinced I could re-create
the problem based on your description below.

When you enter a stock transaction from the stock register, it works
IFF the other account is in the same currency as your locale.  If
you're in the US and your locale currency is USD, but you try to sell
a stock for CAD, entering the transaction from the stock account wont
work right.  This is bug #116353.

As for entering transactions from the other direction, there may be
cases where it works and other cases where it fails, probably based on
whether the register is a basic style or expanded style.

I'd suggest upgrading to 1.8.9 (or wait a month or so for 1.8.10).

-derek