Help Lost data during upgrade

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 25 14:23:21 EDT 2004

Was it 1.4 or 1.6?  That's actually important.  You can tell pretty
easily; 1.6 was XML, but 1.4 was binary.

There have been a few reports of problems importing 1.4 datasets into
1.8 (but importing 1.4 into 1.6 seems to be ok).  If you DO have a 1.4
dataset and are willing to provide it to a trusted developer to make
sure it can be properly read into 1.8, we can try to squash this bug
once and for all and make sure that 1.8.10 doesn't have this problem.

It's up to you..

Thanks,

-derek