gnucash pkg for Slack

Reed Loefgren rloef at interfold.com
Wed Oct 27 09:09:20 EDT 2004

Derek and Susan,

Derek, it might be helpful to remember that the dependencies here are
Gnucash's, not Slackware's. Gnucash is currently being re-written for
gnome2, I believe, and that should fix a lot of the problems with
dependencies; problems that affect other distros too, if this list is any
indication. Lastly, Slackware is essentially a one-man operation and bozos
should be singular.

Susan,

Google for gnucash + Slackware. There is a website out there that covers
your perdicament with dependencies, and does a damn good job of it too.
You'll find there links to some stuff and lists of what you'll need to get
gnucash up and running. It's lengthy, but quite doable; I got it right on
the second try. Besides, you're running Slack; this sort of hoop-jumping
should be second nature to you ;). I also seem to recall a package
being built by some third party. But you have to look for it.

You can also switch to FreeBSD like I  did. You'll give up, for the time
being, a decent implementation of the JRE and flash stinks, but you could
then cd to /usr/ports/finance/gnucash, issue 'make all install' and go
have a drink.

All distros have issues. If you don't believe it search on something like
"my mandrake is broken" or "suse won't let me". You'll get the picture.

Good luck,

The promise of the Machine Age was to
increase leisure, not productivity.