Indice value through Finance Quote

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 7 16:30:21 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 16:45 -0300, vmaida wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to configure an account to be able to follow a
> indice and to get the values through the module Finance Quote.
>
> The symbol of the indice in the Yahoo is ^bvsp and i get
> the information in the console through the command:
>
> $ yahooquote ^bvsp
>
> ^BVSP BRSP BOVESPA IND  22501.529  9/6/2004  Sao Paolo
>
> but I am not having success to get the data of this index through
> gnucash. I am not having problems to get the values of stocks.

Are you sure you want to track an index within your gnucash portfolio?
Since you can't own an index, it seems less than useful to do this
versus, say, simply using Yahoo Finance to view/track the index, or
downloading the csv quote history and using a spreadsheet program to
analyze it.

Just my $0.02.